Families with children on BRINEURA (cerliponase alfa) need an experienced resource to guide them along their treatment journey
BioMarin RareConnectionsTM Case Managers provide families with:
- Personalized support–individualized, one-to-one assistance to start and continue BRINEURA® (cerliponase alfa) treatment
- Financial navigation support
- Navigating the insurance process and understanding coverage options to gain access to treatment
- Identifying financial assistance options families may be eligible for, such as co-pay assistance*
- Helping with insurance coverage changes by identifying options to try and avoid any lapse in treatment
- Educating the doctor’s office on insurance coverage requirements for continued access to therapy
- Logistics support–ensuring a specialty pharmacy receives the prescription and coordinating home delivery at a convenient date and time
To enroll in BioMarin RareConnections and get connected with your Case Manager, start by completing the Patient Authorization Form (PAF).
You must complete the BioMarin RareConnections PAF in order to receive support from BioMarin RareConnections.
To be eligible for the BRINEURA Co-Pay Assistance Program, you must have a prescription for BRINEURA and be a resident of one of the 50 U.S. states or Puerto Rico. Additionally, the program is valid for commercially insured patients only. This means that you must not be insured by a publicly funded health program such as Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD or TRICARE), or any similar state-funded or federally funded program such as state pharmacy assistance programs. If you live in certain states (MA, MI, MN, or RI), you are not eligible for drug administration co-pay support. This program is subject to termination or modification at any time.